Sunday 25 October 2015

Wonderful Crafts Fair and some stitching!

Hello Everyone !

Yesterday I visited a yearly Crafts Fair in Stockholm (the capital of Sweden) and I had the most WONDERFUL TIME ! I spent lots of money and bought lots of crafty goodies : )
As far as cross stitching is concerned , I bought all these small beads for a real bargain price : ) 


They aren't Mill Hill , but I tried to pick beads in nice colours that I could use instead of Mill Hill seed beads . Now that I have found out how much I love beading I have to make sure I have a little stash of beady beauties lol !

I bought more of my very favorite knitting yarn !

 
I have never come across another yarn that is sooo soft and cuddly ! And luckily they come in my favorite colours too : )

I also got some sparkly metallic threads in Christmas colours for crochet projects . . .
 
Since this was a general crafts fair I also got some scrapbooking material and some crafty magazines ! Normally craft products - including cross stitch products -are very expensive in Sweden , so it is absolutely lovely to have an opportunity to find some bargains for once in such an setting ! It was just a wonderful time and something that really fed my soul with happiness : )
 
Otherwise I've had a really busy week and I've hardly had time to sit down to stitch . . : (
Therefore I had decided that today would be ALL about stitching , so for 8 hours I stitched . . . and it was pure bliss ! It made me realise how much I had missed not being able to cross stitch , so this week I have to make an effort to find more time for my cross stitch projects .
 
I worked on my Iphone-cover and made really good progress on it ! Almost all of the white background is done :


It is difficult to see on the pictures but I have used some white Pearlescent in the background . I tried to catch the sparkle from another angle . . .


. . . but I'm not sure it worked . . . lol : ) I can't wait to see this one finished and to be able to put it on my phone !

Speaking of finish , I am FINALLY finished with my never - ending strawberry band ! ! ! I did the last backstitching today . . .

Chart from Cross Stitcher issue 239.
Designer: Lucie Heaton

. . . so now I have stitched 14 strawberries in a row ! Mentally this was a huge struggle - soo boring to repeat a pattern over and over - but I must say that in the end they look great together all in a row ! However , I can safely say that I have definitely had enough of strawberries for this year lol !

Hope you've all had a really nice weekend with lots of nice cross stitching !

Annie

4 comments:

  1. Great stitching and new goodies! I can totally see the sparkle in the phone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of pretties! It sounded like a great fair. Beautiful stitching:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like somebody went crazy at the fair, haha, what a shopping spree you had! They all look pretty. Glad you had a wonderful stitching time (8 hours!?!?!), beautiful results:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Craft fairs are such wonderful events. But I always need my big purse when going there. Whenever I go I can't restrain from buying more than I intended to, lol. Your new stash is absolutely gorgeous.
    Great that you finished your strawberry band. And that phone cover is nearly done.

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!