Friday 4 December 2015

Purples and candy canes...

Hello Everyone!

Hope you're all doing well:) I hosted a lovely Christmas Party last Sunday for family and friends, and after that I have been completely exhausted..! I worked so hard getting everything ready for that party that I ran out of steam once it was all over and all the home-made goodies were eaten.

So this week I have tried to take it easy, relax and work on all my Xmas gift projects that I have left to do. I have at least five on the go so I desperately trying NOT to get stressed by them all. Luckily there's plenty of sports on the television that keep me company as I stitch away. I enjoy all the projects, but I still found myself longing to stich on one of my own pieces so last night I got the Gingerbread House Sampler out again and promised myself an hour of stitching time on it.

Here is where I picked it up...

 
...and an hour later I had soo much fun with this one that I just had to carry on stitching it until it was time for bed:) It felt a little bit like a guily pleasure, but I thorougly enjoyed my time with this sparkly stitch:)
 
This is where I stopped when it was time for bed... 
 

A bit more of the border, some more purple and a couple of candy canes etc. I can't wait to get back to this one again, but now I have to 'be good' and finish some other more urgent projects first..:)

Now I'm going to watch the final of the best season ever of Swedish Pop Idol!

Happy Stitching!

Annie

3 comments:

  1. While it was tiring it sounds as if you and your guests had a wonderful time. You certainly deserved to treat yourself with stitching on your own piece which is looking fabulous. I am sure you will get those projects finished in time - hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress. just a few more stitches and you'll have another pretty finish! Glad to hear that everyone enjoyed your party:)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!