Sunday 3 January 2016

Birthday gift and a cute stitching companion:)

Hello Everyone!
 
Happy New Year to you all and hope that your next year will be filled with stitches:)
I have been spending time with my Festive Flurry, but I can feel my attention starting to waver from this one, especially when I have to stitch browns and oranges - not my favorit colours. Therefore I definitely think before and after pictures might be appropriate right now and boost my inspiration:)
So this was progress before the New Year...
 
 
...and now I'm here...
 

Actually, I have done pretty well so far:) It really helps me to see a before and after shoot on my projects, especially those days when it feels like I'm getting nowhere with my projects...!

Today was my mum's birthday, so I wrapped up my gift in this gorgeous crafty wrapping paper...


...I found in my favourite craft shop. Isn't it wonderful? Perfect for homemade gifts:)
So what did I make for my mum? Well I made her a cushion with a crafty theme...


...and I love how it turned out:) Here's a close-up of the cross stitched section:
The design is from Cross Stitcher issue 287 and the designer is Lucie Heaton. I changed the thread colours quite a bit in order to be able to use some of my own stash of threads and use even more bright colours since my mum favours bright colours. The original chart was meant as a picture where you could attach real buttons and saftey pins for added texture, but since this was going to be a cushion I added those things by stitching them instead:)

Remember I told you I had TWO projects I wanted to make a start on?? Well, now I have started to prepare the aida fabric for that next project by stitching gridlines, so in a day or two I should be able to make another start:)) But I am determined to continue with the other two favorite projects too; I know that it suits me to have several fun projects on the go so I can switch between them depending on my mood:)

Finally I just have to share a super cute pic of my smallest furbaby who always keeps me company on the sofa while I stitch:)


He likes to snuggle down in the nearest cosy blanket and distract me with his cuteness lol!
In case you can't tell, he's a mix between Chihuahua, Dashound and Beagle; the devotion of a Chihuahua, the body and fierceness of a Dashound and the colouring of a Beagle!!!

Happy Stitching Everyone!

Annie

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love what you made your mother. Your dog is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Annie's mom! Lovely stitching and adorable dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great birthday pressie for your Mum. And your fur baby sounds like the perfect mix :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gift! Looking forward to your other 2 new projects. That last pic is just so adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gift that you made for your mother's birthday is just gorgeous. A perfect design for a needle crafter.
    Nice progress on your WIP.

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!