Sunday 7 February 2016

A new start:)

Hello Everyone!

Even though I haven't finished Festive Flurry yet, this weekend I was in the mood for a new start. The week has been so-so for me and I just wanted to feel the excitement of starting something afresh. In a way I think I enjoy starting a project more than I enjoy a finish. Don't get me wrong, it's a great accomplishment to have a finish and it feels really satisfying to put the last cross stitch or back stitch in a project. However, the excitement of stitching the first stitches in a large piece of fabric and imagining how great it'll look once it's finished is really thrilling and quite addictive lol.

So my new start is a project I fell in love with the first time I saw it in Cross Stitcher (issue 285). It's called Welcome to Christmas Town and is designed by Emma Congdon who also designed Festive Flurry. She has become one of my favorite designers in the last year and I have stitched several of her colourful and bold designs.
So this is my start so far:


The dark green area to the right is going to be a large Christmas tree that is surrounded by lots of colourful buildings etc. Sadly I don't have all the threads I need yet so I'll be stitching this design a bit haphazardly for the time being lol. But it feels really good to at last have made a start, and I know I'll enjoy stitching this design since it has lots of solid blocks of happy colours and no backstitch:)

I have also been working on my crochet blanket and I have amazed myself with my progress! It's such a easy, happy project and I really enjoy working on it.


The light isn't too good in this picture and the colours look much better in real life...as they so often do. It measures about 150 x 50 cm (60x20 inches) right now and is big enough to keep me warm as I'm working on it:) I've dug out some more suitable leftover yarn that fits in the colour profile so I should have enough yarn to finish it...whenever that will be.

So, that's all for today:)
Hope you've all had a crafty weekend!

Annie

5 comments:

  1. A lovely new start. I get the same feeling when I make a new start too. Your crochet blanket is very pretty and it's nice to know it is keeping you warm while you work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful design and start Annie. Your blanket looks great.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work :). I love the start

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you when it comes to new starts. Sometimes my fingers are just itching to start a new project, and usually it's a big one. And sometimes I see something that I must start immediately. It's always very exciting.
    You have already stitched a lot on your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see the wonderful colors complement festive flurry, great start! Happy stitching:)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your lovely comments truly makes my day, so thank you!